Just as promised! Here’s a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to flash the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware (version 4.8.1) on all the variants of Huawei Honor 3C/Glory 3C (H30-T10, H30-U10 and H30-T00), making your entire upgrade procedure a breeze. Just make sure you’ve carefully read the update requirements & precautions twice before actually kicking off the upgrade. So let’s proceed, shall we?
Just to make things clear, I should tell you beforehand that this firmware (v4.8.1) is basically a developmental (beta) build that is intended for use by developers and beta-testers on Unicom H30-U10, H30-T10 and H30-T00 versions of Honor 3C in China.
You can install it on your non-Chinese Honor 3C too but as you know it’ll contain bugs, lags, and might cause problems updating when a stable KitKat build officially gets rolled out in your region later. Adventurous users may continue.
Download v4.8.1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
To download firmware v4.8.1, please refer to this page: Download v4.8.1 Android 4.4.2 Firmware for Honor 3C (H30-U10/H30-T10/H30-T00). You can verify your phone’s model number in Settings > About Phone.
Install Firmware 4.8.1 on Huawei Honor 3C
- A USB cable and latest Huawei USB drivers installed on PC
- 1-2 GB of empty external microSD card formatted in FAT32
- At least 60% of remaining battery
- Since this update will wipe out all the data stored in phone’s internal memory, I’d recommend you to create a backup using Huawei’s native backup utility as it is generally very easy to use.
Disclaimer: This firmware has been fully tested by devs to work on all the variants of Honor 3C (3G-only version). In spite of that, I won’t be held responsible for dead & bricked phones that are rendered unusable at any point during or after the upgrade. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
2. Upgrade Procedure
- Download the “EMUI2.3_H30-U10_4.8.1.zip” on your PC.
- Connect your Honor 3C to the PC through a USB cable and enable mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root directory of phone’s SD card.
- Extract the “EMUI2.3_H30-U10_4.8.1.zip” package you downloaded earlier. It should give you Update.app file.
- Copy “Update.app” file to the “dload” folder in your SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn off the phone.
- Reboot into recovery mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Home buttons simultaneously.
- The update should now begin automatically. Wait for a few minutes until it gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your phone normally and enjoy the OS!
If you encounter any issue during the upgrade, feel free to mention it in the comments section below.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.