You’re probably reading this post either because you bricked your new Huawei Honor 3C while installing the sloppy Chinese KitKat firmware that is available online and ended up with a dead phone or you just want to revert back to the original Jelly Bean OS and wait for KitKat update to arrive via OTA in your region. Whatever the reason, you should have created a system backup/dump in the first place. Still however, you can easily restore your device back to its stock Jelly Bean firmware using a brief step-by-step tutorial I’ve put together in this article – no matter if you’ve got a backup or not.
Download B108 Android 4.2.2 Firmware
- Model: H30-U10
- Device: Honor 3C
- Android Version: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- EMUI: 2.3
- Firmware: B108
- Build Name: H30-U10 V100R001C900B108
- Kernel: v3.4.5
- Size: ~768 MB
Download Link: Click here to download B108 Android 4.2.2 stock Jelly Bean firmware for Huawei Honor 3C (H30-U10).
Restore Honor 3C to B108 Jelly Bean OS
- Intl Honor 3C H30-U10
- Download V100R001C900B108 signed firmware from the aforementioned link
- USB cable along with necessary driver (VCOM) installed on PC (Download here)
- Download Smart Phone Flash Tool (aka SP Flash Tool) here and extract it
Note: This guide will re-lock your phone’s bootloader but you can unlock it again if you want using this guide: How to Unlock Honor 3C (H30-U10) Bootloader Using SP Flash Tool
Disclaimer: This tutorial only applies to the international variant of Huawei Honor 3C (H30-U10) so be careful with this. On top of that, I shall not be held responsible for bricked/malfunctioned devices resulting from this guide. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
- Extract the contents of “ROM_H30-U10_V100R001C900B108.zip” package you downloaded.
- Open FlashTool.exe app placed in the SP Flash Tool folder you downloaded earlier.
- Click Scatter-loading button and choose “MT6582_Android_scatter.txt” file located inside the extracted B108 folder.
- Make sure twice that all the entries are checked.
- Turn your phone off and remove its battery (you can keep it inserted if it doesn’t work without the battery).
- Click “Firmware ->Upgrade” and connect the phone to the computer over a USB connection. SP Flash Tool will automatically detect your phone and start flashing (you may press the Power button in case it doesn’t detect the phone).
- Upon completion a green circle should pop up on the screen.
- Disconnect the USB cable and boot your phone normally.
- In case a problem occurs, reboot into recovery mode by holding Vol up + Power button. Once you’re in the recovery mode, navigate using volume and power buttons.
- Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option, perform the cleanup and then reboot your device.
In case you encounter error #6010 then before flashing this firmware, download this PrePatch, extract it, open SPFT, import the PrePatch scatter file by clicking the “scatter-loading” button, click “Download” button and then connect your phone with its battery removed to flash the patch.
Note: If you’re flashing B108 to regain touchscreen functionality then please upgrade to the firmware that came pre-installed on your phone (Eg. B127) immediately after flashing B108.
Phew… that should do it! If you still encounter any problem feel free to ask about in the comments section below.
Huge credit to senior XDA member @codelover for sharing the patch and recovery!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.