Micromax India recently announced the availability of the chocolaty Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for their Canvas Knight A350 smartphone in India. You’ll be receiving the OTA (over-the-air) update notification anytime during this week, but if you’re more of the impatient type we’ve got a treat for you. Now you guys can manually download the KitKat update package and flash it on your Canvas Knight using the step-by-step tutorial given below.
- Model: A350
- Device Name: Canvas Knight
- Android Version: v4.4.2 KitKat
- Software Version: v6.0
- Country: India
- Date: 3 Aug, 2014
Download Link: Click here (Size: 1.0 GB) to download Android 4.4.2 KitKat v6.0 firmware package for your Micromax Canvas Knight A350.
Disclaimer/Warning: This firmware is recommended for advanced Android users only who have the requisite knowledge & experience in flashing firmwares, ROMs and custom recoveries. Manually flashing this firmware will void your warranty and you’ll have to pay Micromax to get your device repaired again. I won’t be held liable for dead/bricked phones at any point during or after the upgrade. Proceed at your own risk!
How to Flash
- Create a full backup of phone’s existing OS as well as other important stored in internal memory. Fully recharge your phone’s battery before proceeding.
- Download the aforementioned firmware package “www.moulnisky.com_MMX_A350_SW_V6.0_HW_V1.4_270514.part212689.zip” and extract its contents. If you’re prompted for a password, enter “Moulnisky”.
- Download & install the latest USB drivers for Micromax Canvas Knight A350 here.
- Download SP Flash Tools and extract the contents of the zip file.
- Execute the extracted Flash_tool.exe application.
- Now, in the Smart Phone Flash Tool, click Download Agent and select “MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin”.
- Next, Click Scatter-loading and look for “Android_scatter_emmc.txt” inside the folder you extracted in Step 2.
- Turn off your Canvas Knight and connect it to the PC via a USB cable. You’re recommended to pull out the battery to avoid recharging.
- Click “Download” button in Flash Tool to start the upgrade process.
- Upon completion, a green ring should appear on the screen.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy the new flavor of KitKat on your phone.
Don’t forget to share your experience with the KitKat update!
Firmware Credits: Moulnisky
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.