Huawei has quietly outed the much-anticipated Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS update with EMUI 2.3 (build number V100R002C100B102) for its MediaPad X1 7.0 tablet (7D-501L) in several Western European countries. Apart from offering the latest KitKat-related UI enhancements and security updates, this update addresses the annoying connectivity issues that used to occur during calls and messaging. You can download this firmware for your device through the direct download links given below.
- Device: MediaPad X1 7.0
- Model: 7D-501L
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 2.3
- Firmware Version: B102
- Build Number: 7D-501LV100R002C100B102
- Region: Germany
- Availability: OTA + Manual Download
- Size: 1.04 GB
How to Update
- Backup your current data using Huawei’s inbuilt backup utility or HiSuite.
- Download “HUAWEI_MediaPad X1_SDCard_Upgrade_B102.zip” on your PC and extract its contents.
- Connect your MediaPad to the PC using a USB cable in mass storage mode. Make sure it has at least 2GB of free storage in SD card.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root directory of SD card.
- Copy the files you extracted in step 1 (Update.app, unlmt.cfg and a Preset folder) to the “dload” directory.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and reboot the device.
- The upgrade will begin automatically upon boot. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- If the update doesn’t start automatically, keep holding Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds to enter the Recovery Mode. After that, select “Apply update from SD card/external storage” option and initiate the update.
Now you’re ready to experience the chocolaty new OS, enjoy!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.