Huawei has pushed out a new firmware update, numbered B930 (V100R001CHNC00B930), based on EmotionUI 2.0 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS for its Ascend Mate (MT01-U06) smartphone in China. Although it’s intended for the China Unicom variant you can still flash it on any international Mate through its stock recovery.
- Device Name: Ascend Mate
- Model: MT01-U06
- Android Version: v4.2.2 JB
- EMUI: 2.0
- Firmware: B930
- Build Number: MT01-U06 V100R001CHNC00B930
- Country: China
- Language: Chinese, English
- Date: 1-09-2014
- Size: ~670 MB
Download Link: Click here to download B930 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for your Ascend Mate MT01-U06
How to Install
Note: You’re recommended to create a system dump using MTKdroidTools. Just download MTKdroidTools from XDA, enable USB Debugging in Developer Options, connect the phone to PC, and then create a backup.
- Download “Ascend Mate JB Update.zip” on your PC from the aforementioned link and extract it.
- Connect your Ascend Mate to the PC via a USB cable in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root directory of microSD card and copy the Update.app file you extracted in step 1 to this folder.
- Next, disconnect the cables and turn off the device.
- Reboot into Auto Update Mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons for a few seconds.
- It’ll take a couple of minutes to complete. The phone should reboot automatically after the update.
And you’re done! Should you encounter any problem feel free to comment about it below.