Following the release of firmware version 4.9.1 for all the variants of Honor 3C, Honor 3X Pro G750 owners using Jelly Bean OS or previous versions of KitKat can now upgrade their phones to the latest Android 4.4.2 firmware (v4.9.1) based on EMUI 2.3 too. Just follow the step-by-step tutorial I’ve put together in this article below and enjoy faster performance and usability.
Version 4.9.1’s changelog includes patches for Radio & native Android Browser, enhanced GUI elements, as well as a bunch of usual bug-fixes and stability improvements. Please do note that this is a developmental (beta) release intended for use by Chinese Honor 3X Pro (G750-T20) users. However, you can still flash it on your international phone but you won’t be able to get any updates via OTA after that unless, of course, you get the bootloader unlocked first.
Download v4.9.1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
- Model: G750-T20
- Device: Honor 3X/Glory 3X Pro
- Android Version: 4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 2.3
- Build: Developmental Release
- Country: China
- Date: 1-09-2014
- Size: ~917 MB
Download Link: Click here to download v4.9.1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware for your Honor 3X Pro G750-T20
Install Firmware 4.9.1 on Honor 3X Pro T20
- Huawei Honor 3X Pro (G750-T20) variant with B611, v4.7.1 or v4.8.1 firmware
- MicroSD card formatted in FAT32 system with at least 2GB of free memory
- Fully charged battery
- A USB cable and latest drivers installed on PC
- Full system dump stored on PC. I’d recommend you to create one using MTKdroidTools (requires root access).
Disclaimer: Once you root and/or unlock the bootloader, the warranty is void and any damage resulting from this unofficial firmware is gonna make you cry real bad. Creating a system dump beforehand makes your phone virtually unbrickable. Nevertheless, I’ll not be held responsible for bricking your device at any point during or after the upgrade. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
- [Optional] Connect your Honor 3X to the PC in mass storage mode and enable “USB Debugging Mode” in Developer options. Then download MTKdroidTools, and create a backup after gaining root access.
- Download “EMUI2.3_G750-T20_4.9.1.zip” on your PC via the aforementioned link and extract it.
- Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root directory of SD Card
- Copy the extracted files (in step 2) into the “dload” folder. Make sure the Update.app file has been properly copied.
- Next, disconnect all cable and completely turn off your phone.
- Reboot into automatic update mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Home button as long as you enter the Recovery Mode.
- It will take a few minutes for the update to complete.
- Upon completion, the phone will reboot automatically. That’s all.
Experience the awesomeness of the new OS! If you encounter any problems feel free to discuss them in the comments section below.