Here’s a detailed step-by-step tutorial on upgrading any Huawei Honor 3C/Glory 3C variant (H30-U10, H30-T00 and H30-T10) to the recent v4.9.16 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware based on Emotion UI 2.3 that Huawei has outed in its hometown for developers.
Although this firmware’s been designed for native Chinese devices only, you can still flash it on the international variant and – with the right tweaks and a few touch ons – it should be up and running without a hitch in no time. So, care to have some?
Install Firmware v4.9.16 on Honor 3C
- Appropriate v4.9.16 firmware package for your Honor 3C variant. Available here: Download Android 4.4.2 (v4.9.16) Firmware for Honor 3C [All Variants]
- Unlocked bootloader (optional but recommended) – See this guide: How to Unlock Honor 3C (H30-U10) Bootloader Using SP Flash Tool
- The phone should be running B137 or v4.7.1 firmware at the least
- A USB cable and compatible USB drivers installed on PC
- FAT32 microSD card with 1GB of free space
- At least 60% battery
- Full system dump (backup) stored on PC – preferably created using MTKdroidTools
Note: This update will wipe out everything saved in phone’s internal memory including Contacts, Messages, Apps, Email accounts etc. Therefore, you’re also recommended to create a backup of this stuff using your phone’s inbuilt backup utility.
Disclaimer: This firmware is currently in developmental stage and is only intended for use by devs and beta testers in China. Although, it is flashable on the international Honor 3C, I won’t be held liable for bricked phones malfunctioning in any way. Proceed at your own risk!
- Download “EMUI2.3_H30_***_4.9.16.zip” from the aforementioned download page on your PC and extract it.
- Connect your phone to that PC using a USB cable in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” inside the SD card and copy the Update.app file you extracted in the first step to this folder.
- Monitor the progress and then disconnect all cables.
- Reboot into Recovery Mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons for a few seconds.
- Once you’re in the Recovery Mode, the update will start automatically. It’ll take a minute or two to complete.
- Upon completion, reboot your phone normally and enjoy the OS!
That’s the actual procedure. It’s recommended that you don’t get any update via OTA through System Updates unless you’ve unlocked the bootloader. If you still encounter any problem feel free to comment about it below.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.