Samsung has seeded another Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware update (build KTU84P.G900VVRU1ANI2) for the Verizon Galaxy S5 G900V meant to fix a couple of OS-related issues caused by the last update. This update also throws in a few feature upgrades including support for Verizon’s upcoming Advanced Calling 1.0 (VoLTE) functionality, new tracking features for S-Health, option to turn off Camera shutter sound, etc.
Apart from the listed features and bug-fixes, it should improve performance and overall system stability too. This update is currently being rolled out over the air in US and – as usual – it’ll take some time before it hits your device. You can manually trigger the update checker in Settings » About phones » Software updates » Check for Updates.
- Model: SM-G900V
- Device: Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
- Android Version: v4.4.4 KitKat
- Country: US
- Date: 16-09-2014
- PDA: G900VVRU1ANI2
- Build Number: KTU84P.G900VVRU1ANI2
- Availability: OTA
- Bugfix for audio loss issue in Bluetooth headset
- Patch for conflict in Caller IDs and their linked contact information while using KNOX
- The notification bar now shows the correct number of unread Emails
- Camera shutter sound can now be turned off in its settings
- S-Health’s tracking features now include Weight, Sleep, Stress and Coach
- Emergency Call dialer is now accessible with a single swipe in the lockscreen
- Support for Verizon Advanced Calling 1.0 (VoLTE)
That’s all for now. Don’t forget to tell us if you happen to receive this update!
Like this post? Don’t forget to comment and share! Just hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.