While a good deal of current-gen devices are being prepped for update to Android 5.0 Lollipop, many OEMs are trying to update their outdated JB-powered devices to KitKat (as their last one) before the actual rollout of v5.0 Lollipop officially begins. Right now, Samsung has rolled out the much-awaited Android 4.4.2 KitKat update (build I467UCUBNI2) for the AT&T Galaxy Note 8.0 (SGH-I467) via OTA. Its complete technical details are given in this article below.
- Device Name: Galaxy Note 8.0 (AT&T)
- Model: SGH-I467
- Android Version: v4.4.2 KitKat
- Build Number: KOT49H.I467UCUBNI2
- Baseband: I467UCUBNI2
- Date: 16-10-2014
- Region: USA
- Availability: OTA only
- OTA Size: 803 MB
As the update is only available over the air, it’ll surely take a few days to reach every device in your area. As soon as it hits your tablet you’ll be prompted to install the update (in case it has downloaded it already). To manually trigger the update checker, connect your device to Wifi and go to Settings » About device » Software update » Check for updates and then tap “OK”.
- KitKat-related bug-fixes, performance enhancements and security updates
- Native Google apps updated to version 4.4.2_r2
- Beats Music app now comes pre-loaded with the firmware
- AT&T carrier billing brings support for Google Play, Famigo and AT&T Family app
- Improved system usability and revamped UI elements
- Addition of Camera shortcut icon to the lockscreen
- Support for wireless printing via Google Cloud Print or HP ePrint
- Overhauled Quick Settings interface for easier control
Do share your experience with the new update in comments below!
Like this post? Hit the shiny buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.