Y’all must have noticed uptil now that none of the Chinese KitKat firmware packages provided by Huawei for the Honor 3C come pre-installed with the familiar Google apps (aka Gapps) like Play Store & Google Play Services, Google Plus, Maps, YouTube, Music, Chrome, Hangouts, etc. Apparently due to licensing issues. Still, however, it’s possible to flash them on your phone manually using a custom recovery – here’s how you do it.
Install KitKat-compatible Gapps on Honor 3C
- Device: Honor 3C
- Compatible OS: v4.4.x KitKat
- Date: 6-06-2014
- Apps Range: All missing Gapps (Play Store, Maps, Google Plus, YouTube, Hangouts, Google Search, Navigation, Google Now, etc.)
- Supported Runtime: Dalvik + ART
- Signed? Yes
Download link: Click here (Pick any package) to download KitKat Gapps for your Honor 3C.
- Connect your Honor 3C to your computer over a USB in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root of its microSD card.
- Download “gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip” via the aforementioned link and copy it to the “dload” folder as-is.
- You need to have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM. In this procedure we’ll be using Live TWRP Recovery but if it doesn’t work on your firmware then you need to flash a permanent recovery and use it instead.
- Download “Live TWRP Honor 3C.zip” on your PC and extract it.
- Copy the files of the dload folder of unzipped package (update.app and au_temp.cfg) to the “dload” folder of SD card.
- Now the dload folder should contain three files: Update.app, “au_temp.cfg” and “gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip”
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and completely turn off your device.
- Turn the device on normally by holding the Power button.
- In a few seconds, you’ll be automatically directed to TWRP custom recovery.
- Tap “Install” and navigate to Sdcard → dload → gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip. Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Upon completion, go to Home → Advanced → File Manager → Sdcard → dload and delete the file named “au_temp.cfg”.
This will re-flash all the necessary Google apps that your phone lost during the upgrade. Rest of the Gapps can be installed from the Play store. Enjoy!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.