The wait is finally over guys! After wasting three darned months to do something this simple (Verizon?), Google has ultimately managed to out the Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS update for the 4G-LTE variant of Nexus 7 tablet (codename “razorg”). Disappointingly enough, this update still isn’t over OTA and has to be downloaded and installed as a factory image that has been downloaded manually.
KTU84P – Image Details
- Device: Nexus 7 2013 LTE
- Codename: razorg
- Android Version: v4.4.4 KitKat
- Build: KTU84P
- Date: 01-10-2014
- Availability: Manual Download
- Size: 475 MB
- MD5 Sum: c8b48448ed2df8d4b5a328262cfb56e3
- SHA-1 Sum: f21762aa08f9d15979eee3e109f09c0c7d9fb80b
Download Link: Click here to download official KTU84P factory image for your Nexus 7 2013 LTE
How to Install
Note: This procedure involves using ADB and Fastboot which require unlocked bootloader. If haven’t unlocked it already, then first backup your data, download standalone ADB & fastboot kits along with the latest Nexus USB drivers, and then finally unlock the bootloader by rebooting the device in Fastboot mode (Volume Down + Power) and then typing “fastboot oem unlock” in fastboot terminal.
- Download “razorg-ktu84p-factory-f21762aa.tgz” on your PC and extract it.
- Boot into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader” in the ADB terminal.
- Next, execute “flash-all.bat” located in the folder of unzipped files.
- It’ll take a few minutes to complete. Don’t press any button during the upgrade.
- Upon completion, the tablet should reboot automatically. Enjoy the new OS!
This update can also be done using the good old ADB sideload command – if you feel more comfortable with that one, of course.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.