I’ve written a number of guides on upgrading Honor 3C on different Chinese KitKat updates and, since the basic process involved in every tutorial is the same, this guide isn’t any different at all. Still, however, here’s a detailed step-by-step tutorial written specifically for the latest v4.10.1 firmware for all the variants of Huawei Honor 3C (H30-U10/H30-T10/H30-T00).
Upgrade Honor 3C to Firmware v4.10.1
- Appropriate Firmware v4.10.1 package for Honor 3C – Download here
- A USB cable and latest handset drivers installed on PC
- 2GB MicroSD card in FAT32 file system format
- Unlocked bootloader (optional but recommended) – Check this guide
- Full system dump of phone’s existing OS created preferably using SP Flash Tool readback function or by MTKdroidTools
- At least 60% of remaining battery
Disclaimer: The firmware you’re about to flash is currently in development phase and isn’t recommended for use on non-Chinese Honor 3C devices despite the fact that it has been thoroughly tested by users around the world. That said, I won’t be held liable for any kind of damage to your phone’s software or hardware resulting from this firmware. You proceed at your own risk!
2. Installation Procedure
- Download “EMUI2.3_H30_4.10.1.zip” package on your PC from the aforementioned download page and extract it.
- Connect your phone to the PC over a USB cable in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” inside the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
- Copy the “Update.app” file your extracted in Step 1 to that “dload” folder.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and completely turn off the device.
- Reboot your phone into Recovery Mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously for 8-10 seconds.
- The phone should automatically start the update as soon as it enters the recovery mode. It’ll 2-3 minutes to finish; make sure you don’t press any button during the upgrade.
- Upon completion, reboot the phone normally and enjoy the new update.
- If you experience complete loss of signals or non-functional Sim cards after the update then check this fix: Fix Missing IMEI/No Service Issue on Honor 3C (H30-U10) with KitKat OS.
I’ve written everything that was worth mentioning but if you encounter any problem during the upgrade, feel free to ask about it in the comments below.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.