It isn’t only the Honor 3C that has received the new v4.10.1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat update in China. Huawei has officially rolled out the same update for both the Honor 3X and Honor 3X Pro smartphones in effort to fix some critical network stability issues that were left unnoted in the previous update. Moreover, it also improves buggy themes and UI elements of the system.
In this this step-by-step tutorial on upgrading the Honor 3X Pro (G750-T20) we’ve given all the necessary download links with the guide to make the entire process a breeze. So, what are you waiting for? Just grab a USB cable and go ahead!
Download v4.10.1 KitKat Firmware Package
- Device Name: Honor 3X/Glory 3X
- Model: G750-T20
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 2.3
- Firmware Version: v4.10.1
- Country: China
- Languages: Chinese, English
- Date: 30-09-2014
- Availability: OTA + Download links
- Size: 914 MB
Download Links: Click here to download v4.10.1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for your Honor 3X Pro
Install v4.10.1 Firmware on Honor 3X Pro
- Honor 3X G750-T20 variant
- USB cable and latest drivers already installed on PC
- MicroSD card formatted in FAT32 file system with 1GB free space
- B116 – v4.9.16 firmware already running on the device
- Full syatem dump of existing OS created using MTKdroidTools or a Custom Recovery
- At least 65% battery left on phone
Warning: This is an unofficial firmware that isn’t recommended by Huawei for use on non-Chinese Honor 3X devices. Moreover, this firmware is currently beta phase and it is very likely that it’ll cause random reboots, loss of IMEI/network signals, unresponsive apps, that will result in unwanted consequences. I shall not be held liable for any damage caused during or after the installation of this firmware. Proceed entirely at your own risk!
2. Installation Procedure
- Download “EMUI2.3_G750-T20_4.10.1.zip” on your PC using the aforementioned link and unzip it.
- Connect your Honor 3X to the PC in mass storage mode.
- Copy the “Update.app” file (extracted in Step 1) to the SD card inside a folder named “dload” folder.
- Disconnect the USB cable after copying and completely turn off you device.
- Reboot the phone in Recovery Mode by holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- The phone will automatically look for the update package and initiate the upgrade.
- It’ll take a minute or two to finish completely. Don’t even try to touch eny button or play with the battery during the installation.
- Upon completion, reboot the phone normally and start exploring.
That should do it! If you experience any problem at any point during the upgrade feel free to comment about it below.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.