First unofficial Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware (build VPU1BNKD) for Sprint’s Galaxy S5 SM-G900P has been leaked online by developers on XDA giving users an early glimpse into the new features and interface offered by Google’s latest OS and Touchwiz. You can download the Odin-flashable Tar files of G900PVPU1BNKD firmware via the direct download link below.
VPU1BNKD – Firmware Details
- Device Name: Galaxy S5
- Model: SM-G900P
- Carrier: Sprint
- Android: v5.0 Lollipop
- Firmware: G900PVPU1BNKD
- Build Number: LRX21T.G900PVPU1BNKD
- Kernel: 3.4.0-3362691
- Date: 25-11-2014
- Type: Unofficial leak
Download Link: Click here (Size: 1.28 GB – self-extracting EXE file) to download G900PVPU1BNKD Android 5.0 firmware for Sprint’s S5. MD5 Hash: 58cb28a69b14f0bbfe82b590301cb416
Right now, the only features that have been tested to work are calling, messaging and other basic functionality, so it is prone to causing random boots, app freezes and annoying lags. Moreover, flashing this firmware using Odin will completely wipe out all the data stored in phone’s internal memory and its gonna void your warranty too. So, be careful with this!
- First of all, backup your current data stored in the internal memory.
- Download the aforementioned package alongside the latest version of Odin (tested on v3.07) and install it.
- Extract the PDA Tar file (ending in .MD5 extension) from the downloaded self-extracting package
- Import the extracted file to Odin’s PDA slot.
- Reboot the phone in Download Mode by holding Volume D0wn + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable and wait for a Blue sign to appear in Odin.
- Click the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- It’ll take a few minutes to complete. Your device will reboot twice before the update is finalized.
That’s all folks. Stay tuned for more updates!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.