You can now update your international or Chinese Honor 3C (U10/T00/T10) to the lustrous Emotion UI 3.0 (B246SP02) developmental firmware based on Android 4.4 KitKat that has been officially released by Huawei. All you need is the right update package, a USB cable, a computer and the gumption to flash it. In this article I’ve written a concise step-by-step tutorial to make the entire upgrade procedure a breeze for you guys.
Install EMUI 3.0 (B246SP02) on Honor 3C
- EMUI 3.0 firmware package for Honor 3C (H30-U10/H30-T00/H30-T10): Download here (Direct links)
- Firmware v4.10.1 or v4.10.16 already installed on phone
- A USB cable with latest Huawei drivers installed on PC
- Unlocked bootloader (recommended for future OTA updates)
- 2GB microSD card with FAT32 file system format
- At least 50% of battery left on phone
- [Highly Recommended] Phone’s full system image should already be stored on computer. You can create one using MTKdroidTools (root required) or SP Flash Tool.
Disclaimer: This update is currently in development phase and – despite the possibility – it is not intended by Huawei for use on international Honor 3C devices. Therefore, Huawei doesn’t hold responsibility for any kind of damage inflicted by this update like signal loss/missing IMEI issue, bootloop or total hard brick. We shall also not be held liable for such sort of issues (the only thing that can save you is your backup). You proceed entirely at your own risk!
- Download the appropriate “EMUI3.0_Android4.4_V100R001CHNC00B246SP02.zip” package using the aforementioned link.
- Extract the downloaded package and set apart the “Update.app” file.
- Connect your Honor 3C to your computer via a USB connection in mass storage mode.
- Create a new folder named “dload” in the root directory of your SDcard.
- Copy the Update.app file to “dload” folder and monitor its progress.
- Next, disconnect all the cables and completely turn off your device.
- Reboot into auto SD upgrade mode by holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously.
- The process usually takes 2-3 minutes to complete. Never ever play with any button or remove the battery during the upgrade otherwise you’re gonna badly screw your device.
- Upon completion, wait for the device to boot normally. It’ll consume some extra time during the first boot.
You can now enjoy the shiny Emotion UI 3.0 on your Glorious 3C and don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below. If you encounter any issue feel free to ask us about it!
Like this post? Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.