Two variants of Huawei Ascend Mate 7 – MT7-CL00 and MT7-TL10 – have been updated to firmware version B121SP05 based on Emotion UI 3.0 and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. This build is completely stable and, although there isn’t any changelog yet, you should experience a major improvement in performance and usability after the update. You can download B121SP05 firmware for both the variants via the direct download links given below.
B121SP05 – Firmware Details
- Device: Ascend Mate 7
- Model: MT7-CL00/MT7-TL10
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 3.0
- Firmware: B121SP05
- Build: V100R001C92B121SP05 (CL00)/V100R001CHNC00B121SP05 (TL10)
- Date: 8-12-2014
- Type: Beta
- Status: Official
- Region: China
- Availability: OTA (China) + Download links
- MT7-CL00: Click here (Size: 1.17 GB) to download B121SP05 EMUI 3.0 for Mate 7 CL00. MD5 Hash: B158458D9C51C2344520744C6AF91DE5
- MT7-TL10: Click here (Size: 1.17 GB) to download B121SP05 EMUI 3.0 for Mate 7 TL10. MD5 Hash: 04F31C12D3D3118310DDDA1C983632B7
- Check your phone’s model number and then download the appropriate update package.
- Extract the downloaded package on your PC.
- Connect your phone to the computer over USB in MTP or mass storage mode.
- Next, copy the “Update.app” file you extracted in Step 2 to the “dload” folder of SD card.
- Disconnect all the cables and turn off your Mate 7.
- Reboot into automatic SD upgrade mode by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons for a few seconds.
- Your phone will automatically began to install the update after verifying the package.
- It’ll take about 2-3 minutes to finish – don’t touch any key while the update is in progress.
Note: In order to apply this update on your international Mate 7, your current build number should match the update (i.e. it should currently be V100R001C92xxxx or V100R001CHNC00xxxx) – unless you unlock your bootloader. Always create a full system backup (dump) using SP Flash Tool before starting out as it’ll help you restore the original firmware in case of cataclysm – ’cause trust me, it happens!
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.