Huawei Ascend P6 (P6-U06, P6-T00 & P6-C00) has officially been updated to stable B708 Emotion UI 3.0 firmware based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat in China. You can download this firmware for your Ascend P6 variant as Update.app via the direct download links given below.
B708 – Firmware Details
- Device: Ascend P6
- Models: P6-U06 (Unicom)/P6-T00 (Mobile)/P6-C00 (Telecom)
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 3.0
- Firmware: B708
- Build: V100R001C17B708 (U06)/V100R001C01B708 (T00)/V100R001C92B708 (C00)
- Region: China
- Date: 27-12-2014
- Status: Official
- Type: Stable
- Availability: OTA + Download links
- P6-U06: Click here (Size: ~859.24 MB) to download firmware B708 for P6-U06. MD5: 5D9046327FD3D8FE794BA7B45CD7619A
- P6-T00: Click here (Size: ~951.87 MB) to download firmware B708 for P6-T00. MD5: FCABF7F6FE65DFA0FF02A23DF857C740
- P6-C00: Click here (Size: ~897.45 MB) to download firmware B708 for P6-C00. MD5: 6ED2A1B0FE8B1FD35FC2BC822401BE0D
How to Update
Flashing this update requires your phone to be already running B706/B707 EMUI 3.0 developmental firmware or B508 (U06)/ B508SP02 (T00) or B508SP03 (C00) EMUI 2.0 stable firmware on board.
- Download the appropriate firmware on your computer and extract it.
- Connect your Ascend P6 to the computer in MTP mode over a USB connection.
- Format the SD Card in FAT32 filesystem and make sure it has at least 2GB of free space.
- Copy the “Update.app” package to “dload” folder of your SD Card.
- Disconnect all the cables and completely turn off your phone.
- Reboot into automatic upgrade mode by holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button for about 10 seconds. Release the Power button when your phone vibrates.
- Let go of the Volume keys once your device begins to perform the upgrade.
- It’ll take a few seconds to finish the process. Once you’re done reboot your phone normally and enjoy the update.
Note: Before applying this update on the international model, make sure it is compatible with your phone by matching the build format of the update package with your phone’s current firmware build. You’re also recommended to unroot your device before the installation.
Like this article? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.