Tired of being greeted by the same animation every time you boot up your Honor 3C? Well, here’s the Android 5.0 Lollipop stock boot animation for your device that has been optimized for 720p screens. Not only this, we’ve also put together a quick tutorial to help you install that animation. I’m pretty sure that this guide will also work on other Huawei smartphones as they all have similar partitions.
Lollipop Boot Animation for Honor 3C
- Device: Honor 3C
- Animation: Stock Lollipop
- Framerate: 30fps
- Frame Resolution: 625 x 380
- Color Depth: 24
- No. of Frames: 180
- Requirement: Root Privilege
- Size: 1.46 MB
- Type: Zipped Boot Animation file
Download Link: Click here to download Lollipop boot animation for your Honor 3C
How to Install
1. Using ES File Explorer
This method uses ES File Explorer File Manager app to perform the tutorial; you can also use Root Explorer, whichever suits you best. As mentioned earlier, your phone needs to be rooted (just use VRoot) with or without an unlocked bootloader. Here’s the procedure.
- Download bootanimation.zip on your computer via the aforementioned link.
- Copy this package to your phone’s SD card or the internal memory.
- Open ES File Explorer and navigate to /Device/cust/preinstalled/public/media/
- Rename “bootanimation.zip” to “bootanimation.zip.bak” – this will serve as a backup of the original animation. Grant root access when you’re prompted for super user rights.
- Now transfer the bootanimation.zip you copied in Step 2 to Device/cust/preinstalled/public/media.
- Upon completion reboot your phone and check out your cool new boot animation.
2. Using ADB
To apply this animation using ADB you need have standalone ADB & Fastboot installed on your computer (download here). You’re also going to need a USB cable as well as SuperSU (or Superuser) app on your phone. When you’ve downloaded “bootanimation.zip” file on your computer, connect your phone to the PC (make USB Debugging is enabled in Developer Options), open a command window in the same folder as the downloaded animation by pressing Shift + Right Mouse Button and selecting “Open command window here”, then execute the following commands line-by-line:
⇒ adb push bootanimation.zip sdcard/download
⇒ adb shell
⇒ mount -o remount,rw /cust
⇒ cd cust/preinstalled/public/media
⇒ mv bootanimation.zip bootanimation.zip.bak
⇒ cp /sdcard/download/bootanimation.zip bootanimation.zip
⇒ mount -o remount,ro /cust
Note: Do make sure that you grant root permissions to ADB when you’re prompted by your phone on the third command. Also remember to add appropriate spaces while writing the commands. If “Read-only file system” error occurs then perform the fourth command again.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.