Huawei MediaPad X1 (7D-501u & 7D-503L) is getting updated to B008 Emotion UI 3.0 firmware based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat via OTA in China. This update is currently in developmental (beta) phase but you can still download the firmware for variant below and flash it manually.
B008 – Firmware Details
- Device: MediaPad X1
- Model: 7D-501u/7D-503L
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 3.0
- Firmware: B008
- Build Number: V100R002C208B008
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Developmental Build
- Date: 15-12-2014
- Availability: OTA + Download Links
- File Name: EMUI3.0_Android4.4_V100R002C208B008.zip
- X1 7D-501u: Click here (849.80 MB) to download B008 EMUI 3.0 for MediaPad X1 501u. MD5 Sum: 73C2EA25BDEEA1841F6802F4B8F98080
- X1 7D-503L: Click here (849.80 MB) to download B008 EMUI 3.0 for MediaPad X1 503L. MD5 Sum: 8C28F5FE278B4E6B9FE727C8F146D9ED
Extract the downloaded package and copy the entire “dload” to the root directory of a separate SD card (overwrite the previous one when you’re prompted). Insert the SD Card into your phone and reboot it to automatically trigger the update. Once it finishes remove the SD Card and boot your phone normally. You’re recommended to clear the contents of the Dload folder if you want use your SD Card again.
Like this article? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.