The Brazilian Moto G (XT1033) is finally getting treated to the highly anticipated Android 5.0 Lollipop update, numbered 220.21.16 (build LXB22.46-16). This update is being rolled out via OTA and in case you haven’t got the update yet then you can manually download v220.21.16’s OTA package below and flash it using the stock recovery.
LXB22.46-16 – OTA Details
- Device: Moto G (2013)
- Model: XT1033
- Android: v5.0 Lollipop
- Firmware: v220.21.16
- Build: LXB22.46-16
- Region: Brazil
- Date: 4-12-2014
- Kernel: 3.4.42
- Branding: Retail BR
- Type: Delta
- Availability: OTA
- Size: 355.64 MB
How to Update Manually
- Download the Android 5.0 OTA package on your PC via one of the aforementioned links.
- Copy the downloaded “Blur_Version.210.12.40.falcon_umtsds.Brasil.en.BR.zip” to the root directory of your SD card i.e. it shouldn’t be placed inside any folder.
- Disconnect all the cables and turn off your phone.
- Reboot into the bootloader by holding Volume Down and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Once you’re in, navigate using Volume Down and select an option with Volume Up. Select the “Recovery” option.
- In a few seconds you’ll see a red exclamation mark accompanied by a dead droid. Press and hold Volume Up + Power for a couple of seconds to enter the “Recovery Mode”
- In the Recovery Mode, choose “Apply update from sd card” option to initiate the upgrade. It usually takes a minute or two to complete.
Disclaimer: This package cannot be installed on Moto G handsets other than Brazil retail variant unless of course you’ve flashed the Brazilian KitKat firmware on it first. I shall not be held responsible for your phone bricked during that process!
That’s all – after installing the update do remember to share your experience and your own screenshots in the comments section below.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.