Google has surprisingly initiated the roll out of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (build LRX22G) update for the first-generation Nexus 7 Wifi (codenamed “nakasi”). You can download the official LRX22G factory image for your Nexus 7 (2012) Wifi via the direct download link available in this article below.
This update has been reported to address issues related to inbuilt Android services like Fstrim and MountService. Fstrim is a pretty useful tool that removes unused blocks on a mounted filesystem, thus greatly improving your system’s performance and stability. This update will ensure that Fstrim runs on devices that are kept off during the night by forcing its execution on the next reboot.
- Device: Nexus 7 2012 Wifi
- Codename: nakasi
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Build: LRX22G
- Date: 19-12-2014
- Status: Official
- MD5 Sum: 5e6be6c1649781f53c420bc159e74f79
- SHA-1 Sum: 2291c36b53173afe70a90665faa2605e37c11bdd
- Availability: OTA + Download links
- File Name: nakasi-lrx22g-factory-2291c36b.tgz
Download Link: Click here (Size: ~371 MB) to download LRX22G Android 5.0.2 Lollipop factory image for your Google Nexus 7 (2012) Wifi
- Install ADB & Fastboot on your computer – download here.
- Download “nakasi-lrx22g-factory-2291c36b.tgz” via the aforementioned link and extract it.
- Connect your Nexus 7 to the PC over a USB connection. Make sure you’ve enabled “USB Debugging” in developer options.
- Open Command Prompt in “nakasi-lrx22g-factory-2291c36b” folder by holding Shift + Right Mouse Button and selecting “Open command window here” option.
- Now reboot into Fastboot mode by typing this in the command line: adb reboot-bootloader
- Unlock your bootloader using this command [this will erase all your data]: fastboot oem unlock
- Next, flash the firmware: flash-all.bat
- It’ll take a few minutes for the device to flash the new update. Your device will reboot automatically upon completion.
- To relock your bootloader (for security purposes) reboot into Fastboot mode and type this: fastboot oem unlock
Well, that’s all – enjoy exploring the new update and don’t forget to share your experience with us in our comments section below!
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.