NVIDIA Shield Tablet is officially getting the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update via OTA around the globe as a part of the new Software Update v2.1 that weighs around 90 MB. You can download the Zip file of this OTA for both LTE and Wifi-only variant via the direct download links given below and flash it manually using your stock recovery.
- Device: NVIDIA Shield Tablet
- Models: Wifi/LTE
- Android: v5.0.1 Lollipop
- Build Name: Update v2.1
- Region: International
- Date: 23-12-2014
- Status: Official
- Type: Delta (incremental)
- Availability: OTA
- Shield Tablet LTE: Click here (Size: 89.8 MB) to download Android 5.0.1 OTA package for International LTE variant
- Shield Tablet Wifi-only: Click here (Size: 93.0 MB) to download Android 5.0.1 OTA package for Wifi-only variant
This update requires you to have stock recovery without root access in order to apply this update. Just copy the OTA package to the root directory of your SD card, reboot into recovery mode, then choose “Apply update from SD card” option and install this update (you can use the ADB option and then sideload this package from the computer too).
- Latest security and stability fixes offered by Android 5.0.1 Lollipop build
- Improved UI and app performance
- Live HD Effect (HDFX) for the Camera app
- SHIELD Power Control Menu has been reinstated
- Improved RAM management for memory-intensive apps
- Support for OpenGL 4.5
Full Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OTA Image up next!
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.