As I mentioned earlier, you cannot update your SmartWatch 3 with LWX48P Android 5.0.1 Lollipop’s OTA package using ADB mainly because of the fact that its stock recovery doesn’t respond to commands over USB connection making it impossible to sideload the manually downloaded OTA. In this guide we’ll be using a different approach for the same purpose that has successfully been tested to work on all Android Wear devices.
Install LWX48P OTA on SmartWatch 3
- Android 5.0.1 LWX48P OTA package for SW3 (download here)
- Rooted Sony SmartWatch 3 running the KNX01V KitKat
- A USB cable and latest USB drivers installed on PC
- Access to ADB and Fastboot (download & install this toolkit)
- At least 70% remaining battery
Disclaimer: Even though the update package is official and this method has been fully tested, still we shall not be held responsible for damaging your SmartWatch. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
- Download the aforementioned OTA package on your PC and rename it to “Update.zip”.
- Connect your SmartWatch to the computer over a USB connection.
- Transfer “Update.zip” to the root directory of your watch’s SD card i.e. it shouldn’t be inside any folder.
- Now, after you’ve installed ADB, open command prompt window (Press Windows + R, type ‘cmd’ and hit enter)
- In the command line enter the shell mode by typing this: adb shell
- Then type this: su
- After accessing root (#), execute the following commands line-by-line (you can copy-paste them):
⇒ cp /sdcard/update.zip /cache/update.zip
⇒ echo ‘boot-recovery’ > /cache/recovery/command
⇒ echo ‘–update_package=/cache/update.zip’ >> /cache/recovery/command
⇒ reboot recovery
Your phone should automatically reboot into its recovery mode and initiate the upgrade – it should take a few minutes to complete. In case you encounter any issue regarding the update feel free to comment about it below.
Based on XDA’s post on ADB commands shared by Simran. That’s all folks!
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.