Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 (Honami) can now be updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OS using AOSP custom ROM compiled directly from Sony’s open-sourced Lollipop build by FreeXperia Project (aka FXP). Currently, this is only a nightly build that is updated almost everyday by devs over at Sony. It is totally crammed with bugs and is only meant to give you an early glimpse of Lollipop running on your machine. We’ve given the necessary download links and a handy tutorial on flashing this firmware in this article below.
- Device: Xperia Z1
- Model: C6903
- Codename: Honami
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Date: 26-12-2014
- Status: Nightly
- Type: Official AOSP Compilation
- Developer: FreeXperia Project
- File Name: AOSP_L_141226_honami.zip
- Size: 330.92 MB
Download Link: Click here to download Android 5.0.2 Lollipop AOSP ROM for Xperia Z1
Disclaimer: Like we said this is an unofficial nightly build created from the buggy AOSP code, therefore, you can expect broken features, lags and random reboots. Your device may not even boot up at all. We don’t hold any responsibility if the following tutorial results in a disaster. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
How to Install
- Your bootloader needs to be unlocked as this procedure involves flashing individual Image files.
- Download ADB & Fastboot toolkit (~9.0 MB) and install it on your PC.
- Extract the “AOSP_L_141226_honami.zip” package you downloaded earlier.
- Go to the extracted folder and open a command window in it by pressing Shift + Right Mouse Button and then “Open command window here”.
- Reboot into Fastboot mode by typing this in the command line (USB Debugging should be kept enabled in phone’s Developer Options): adb reboot bootloader
- The LED notification light should turn blue once you’re in the bootloader. Execute the following commands line-by-line to flash the new ROM.
⇒ fastboot flash boot boot.img
⇒ fastboot flash system system.img
⇒ fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
⇒ fastboot reboot
You can disconnect the USB cable once your phone begins to reboot. If you are upgrading from a previous version of Lollipop then you don’t need to flash userdata again. Should you encounter any issue feel free to ask about it by dropping a comment below.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.