You guys can update the international Ascend P6-U06 variant to the B709 Emotion UI 3.0 firmware using the ROM port from P6-C00 created by Oxalis. This update can be downloaded below and flashed using any custom recovery. This ROM comes with many tweaks that improve system performance and stability.
B709 – ROM Details
- Device: Ascend P6
- Model: P6-U06
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: 3.0
- Firmware: B709
- Date: 1-01-2015
- Status: Unofficial
- Type: Stable
- Ported By: Oxalis
- Availability: Download links
- File Name: RepacK_emui_3.0_b709_by_OXALIS_P6-U06.zip
Download Link: Click here (Size: 706.6 MB) to download B709 EMUI 3.0 update for Huawei Ascend P6 U06
How to Install
- Make sure your device has a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM and you’ve already taken a full Nandroid backup.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM to the root directory of your phone’s SD Card.
- Reboot into the custom recovery by holding Volume Up + Power button for a few seconds.
- Go to “Wipe”, select Cache and Dalvik Cache and perform the cleanup.
- Return to the main screen and tap “Install”. Locate the ROM “RepacK_emui_3.0_b709_by_OXALIS_P6-U06.zip” and flash it.
- In case you root access you’ll be able to re-root it using your TWRP’s inbuilt root utility.
Oxalis has also provided an updated Kernel with tweaked scripts and support for init.d. It can be downloaded here (6.2 MB). Install this kernel using your custom recovery.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.