Five variants of Honor 6 have been updated to firmware version 5.1.16 (developmental build) based on Emotion UI 3.0 in China. Official changelog says that this version should offer new Gallery interface & view modes, landscape mode features for the Camera, patch for the Battery status icon, automatic widget scaling, updated weather clock and tons of other bug-fixes. You can download this firmware for your device below.
Firmware v5.1.16 Details
- Device: Honor 6/Glory 6
- Models: H60-L01/H60-L02/H60-L11/H60-L12/H60-L21
- Android: v4.4.2 KitKat
- EMUI: v3.0
- Firmware: v5.1.16
- Previous Version: v5.1.1
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Developer Edition (Beta)
- Date: 16-01-2015
- Availability: OTA + Download links
- File Name: H60-Lxx_EMUI3.0_Android4.4_5.1.16.zip
- H60-L01: Click here (Size: 1.08 GB) to download v5.1.1 firmware for H60-L01
- H60-L02: Click here (Size: 1.00 GB) to download v5.1.1 firmware for H60-L02
- H60-L11: Click here (Size: 1.08 GB) to download v5.1.1 firmware for H60-L11
- H60-L12: Click here (Size: 1.00 MB) to download v5.1.1 firmware for H60-L12
- H60-L21: Click here (Size: 1.08 GB) to download v5.1.1 firmware for H60-L21
Well, if you happen to own an Honor 6 device (even outside China), you know the drill. Just extract the “Update.app” file from the package you’ve downloaded, copy the file to SD Card > dload, and the install the update from Settings > Updates > Local Update – you are to perform a full backup before proceeding. You phone will reboot to apply the update, it’ll take a few minutes to complete.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.