The CyanogenMod team has finally managed to push the first nightly build of CyanogenMod 12 custom ROM for Google Nexus 4 (“mako”) based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. You can download this ROM and easily flash it on your phone using the quick installation guide we’ve given in this article below.
At this point, the CyanogenMod devs haven’t included the CM-exclusive features like Theme Engine, sound panel customization, Quick Settings customization & Ribbon mode, Navigation bar reorganization and quick Lockscreen unlock in this build and you should only be expecting its basic Lollipop functionality (UI/native apps) to be running smoothly. They have also promised to bring new features such as a new Messaging app, ambient display and weather option in the extended status bar.
- Device: LG Nexus 4
- Codename: Mako
- Build: CyanogenMod 12
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Type: Official
- Status: Nightly
- Date: 8-01-2015
- File Name: cm-12-20150108-NIGHTLY-mako.zip
- MD5 Hash: 156ac9aa038a923a8a39feff42faffc5
- Size: 241.96 MB
Disclaimer: This is a nightly build which, as the name implies, contains numerous bugs that can affect your daily usage. You may experience random reboots, lags, application incompatibility, and nonfunctional hardware. We’ll not be held liable if this ROM bricks your device during or after its installation. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install
- This guide assumes that you’ve already rooted your phone and installed a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. You should also take a full Nandroid backup of the existing system.
- Download “cm-12-20150108-NIGHTLY-mako.zip” and Gapps package on your computer via the aforementioned links.
- Connect your Nexus 4 to the PC in mass storage over a USB connection.
- Transfer the ROM package and Gapps to the root directory of your phone’s SD Card.
- Disconnect the USB Cable and turn off your device.
- Reboot into the Bootloader by holding Volume Down + Volume Up + Power button for a few seconds.
- In the Bootloader menu select “Recovery” to enter your custom recovery.
- Perform a wipe of Data (factory reset), Cache and the Dalvik Cache.
- Next, go to “Install”, select “cm-12-20150108-NIGHTLY-mako.zip” and wait for the CM12 to install.
- Again tap Install and choose “gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip” to flash the Google Apps.
- After that, go to “Reboot” and select System to boot your device to the new CyanogenMod 12 Lollipop.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.