Motorola has officially commenced the rollout of Android 5.0.2 Lollipop update (build LXB22.46-28), tagged with firmware version 220.21.28, for the 1st-Gen Moto G in India. You can download this update’s OTA package manually via the direct download links available below.
LXB22.46-28 – Firmware Details
- Device: Moto G 2013
- Model: XT1033
- Codename: falcon
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Firmware: 220.21.28
- Build: LXB22.46-28
- Required Version: 210.12.40 (Android 4.4.4 KitKat)
- Region: India
- Branding: Asia Retail
- Date: 22-01-2015
- Availability: OTA
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental (Delta) Package
- File Name: Blur_Version.220.21.28.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03.zip
- OTA Size: ~356.5 MB
How to Install
- Download “Blur_Version.220.21.28.falcon_umtsds.AsiaRetail.en.03.zip” on your PC via one of the above-mentioned links.
- Connect your device to the computer as mass storage over a USB cable.
- Transfer the OTA package to the root directory of your device’s storage i.e. it shouldn’t be copied into any folder.
- Disconnect the USB cord and completely turn off your device.
- Reboot into bootloader mode by holding Volume Down + Power button for a couple of seconds until you see some text on the screen.
- Use the Volume Down key to highlight “Recovery” and then press Volume Up to select it. You’ll see Android logo with exclamation mark.
- Press the Volume Up key for a few seconds and then press & release the Power button while you’re still holding the Volume key.
- Once you’ve entered the recovery mode, go to “Apply update from SD card” and initiate the update.
- After the update, reboot normally and enjoy!
- Your device needs to be running stock Android 4.4.4 KitKat for this update to work.
- If you’re already using the Soak test version that was released last week then you don’t need to install this update again (both are exactly the same).
- This OTA can’t be applied on the Brazilian variant.
- This is an incremental OTA package – not a full firmware image.
In case of any issue feel free to discuss it in comments below!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.