Barnes & Noble NOOK HD and NOOK HD Plus have been updated to firmware version 2.2.1, aimed at patching critical security issues present in the tablets. You can download the firmware package for both the devices in NPK format via the direct download links given below.
- Devices: NOOK HD/NOOK HD+
- Firmware: v2.2.1
- Status: Official
- Type: Delta
- Format: .NPK
- Date: 15-01-2015
- Availability: OTA + Download link
- File Name: nookhdplus_2_2_1_update.npk + nookhd_2_2_1_update.npk
- Size: ~420 MB
- NOOK HD: Click here to download v2.2.1 NPK for Nook HD
- NOOK HD Plus: Click here to download v2.2.1 NPK for Nook HD+
- Download the right firmware for your tablet via one of the aforementioned links on a computer
- Connect your Nook to the PC over a USB.
- Transfer the downloaded firmware to the root directory of “MyNook” drive.
- Monitor the progress and then disconnect the cable.
- When your tablet goes into Sleep Mode it looks for the update file and starts the installation.
- Your tablet will reboot during the update.
- Once it boots up, you should see “n” icon in the Status Bar that can give you more details regarding the installation.
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.