OnePlus has released its very own Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM for One (bacon) smartphone as an alternative to Cyanogen, offering a fully stock AOSP experience with minor enhancements. This ROM is currently in Alpha stage so it is loaded with bugs but you can easily flash it on your OPO using the short step-by-step tutorial we’ve given below.
- Device: OnePlus One
- Codename: Bacon
- Android: v5.0 Lollipop
- Build: Alpha
- Type: AOSP based ROM
- Gapps: Not Included
- Date: 31-12-2014
- Status: Offiicial
- Developer: OnePlus
- File Name: oneplus_community.zip
Known bug issues include unstable Wifi connectivity, low Camera and video quality, capacitive navigation keys not turning off after enabling onscreen keys and Clock crashing sometimes. This ROM also won’t get any updates via OTA which means that you’ll have to flash future builds manually like this one.
How to Flash
- This procedure needs your phone to have a Custom Recovery like TWRP. You also need to take a full backup (Nandroid) before proceeding.
- Download “oneplus_community.zip” package on your computer without extracting it.
- Connect your phone to the PC in mass storage mode and transfer oneplus_community.zip to the root directory of your SD Card.
- Next, disconnect the USB Cable and turn it off.
- Reboot into TWRP by holding Volume Down + Power button for a few seconds.
- In TWRP go to “Wipe” and swipe the slider to clear Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- After that go to “Install”, locate “oneplus_community.zip” and install the Custom ROM.
- [Optional] Repeat the same step as above if you want to flash Gapps (Google Apps) on your phone.
- Finally, return to the main screen and go to Reboot, select System and enjoy the new OS.
That’s all, if you encounter any issue during the upgrade feel free to discuss the issue in the comments section below.
Like this article? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.