The Cyanogen team has finally gone public with the long-awaited CM12 build (Nightly) for Sony Xperia Z3. This CyanogenMod 12 version is grounded on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. You can download this build for your device below and install it using the handy tutorial we’ve given alongside the download package.
- Device: Xperia Z3 LTE
- Codename: Z3
- ROM: CyanogenMod
- Version: CM12
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Date: 21-01-2015
- Status: Official
- Build: Nightly
- File Name: cm-12-20150121-NIGHTLY-z3.zip
- MD5 Hash: 9f109f9c5e9e4d56b7a1fbaaf585e51d
Download Link: Click here (Size: 285.61 MB) to download CM12 Nightly for Sony Xperia Z3. Download all the necessary Google Apps for Lollipop here.
How to Install
- Your phone should have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. You should also have access to USB cable and Standalone ADB & Fastboot on your PC (download here).
- Download “cm-12-20150121-NIGHTLY-z3.zip” on your computer and extract “Boot.img” from it. Your are to keep both things (CM12 package and Boot.img) separately in the same folder.
- Connect your Xperia Z3 to the computer in mass storage mode over USB.
- Copy “cm-12-20150121-NIGHTLY-z3.zip” and Gapps.zip to the root directory of your SD Card.
- Monitor the transfer progress and then disconnect the USB cable. Now turn off your device.
- Reboot into fastboot mode: hold the Volume Up key for a couple of seconds and insert the USB cable (make sure the other end is already connected to the PC).
- Now open a command window in the folder where your extracted “Boot.img” file using Shift + Right Mouse Button > “Open command window here”.
- Type this in the command line: fastboot devices
- Then execute this command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now reboot your phone: fastboot reboot
- While your device reboot press one of the volume keys for couple of times to enter the recovery mode.
- In Recovery Mode, go to “Wipe” and clear out Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Return to the main screen, tap Install, locate “cm-12-20150121-NIGHTLY-z3.zip” and confirm its installation.
- Repeat the above step and flash the Gapps “gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip”.
- Upon completion, choose Reboot > System to enter the new CyanogenMod 12.
If you’ve got any issues regarding the installation feel free to discuss them in comments below.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.