NVIDIA has pushed Update 2.2 for its Shield Tablet Wifi/LTE via OTA (version 29979_512.4856) in Europe and US. This version offers support for Hub 4.1, new streamed PC Games, battery improvement and UI optimizations. You can download the full OTA zip of this update for both Wifi and LTE variants via the official download links given below.
- Device: NVIDIA Shield Tablet
- Models: Wifi/LTE
- Android: v5.0.1 Lollipop
- Version: v2.2
- Build: LRX22C.29979_512.4856
- Previous Version: v2.1 (Lollipop)
- Region: US/Europe
- Date: 18-02-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Full OTA
- File Name: productionBL-droid-signed-wx_[xx]_[xx]-full_ota-29979_512.4856.zip
1. Full OTA
- US LTE: Click here (Size: 753 MB) to download v2.2 for the LTE variant
- Europe LTE: Click here (Size: 749 MB) to download v2.2 for the LTE variant
- Wifi: Click here (Size: 731 MB) to download v2.2 for the Wifi only variant
2. Incremental OTA
- Wifi: Click here (Size: 94.1 MB) to download v2.2 for the Wifi only variant
The full OTA package can be installed using any custom recovery like CWM/TWRP like a normal zipped ROM. It is recommended that create a backup first. After booting into the custom recovery, wipe the Dalvik cache, install the OTA, flash SuperSU (to regain root) and then reboot normally.
The incremented OTA package can only be installed through the stock recovery on top of existing v2.1 firmware.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.