Sprint’s HTC One M7 variant has officially been updated to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (version 6.16.651.2) all across the US. Instead of waiting for the OTA to arrive, you can easily download the OTA package of this firmware, weighing around 800 MB, via the direct download link available below and install it using your stock recovery.
- Device: HTC One
- Model: M7
- Carrier: Sprint
- CID: Sprint-WWE
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Firmware: v6.16.651.2
- Sense: 6.0
- Previous Version: v5.05.651.2
- Country: US
- Status: Official
- Date: 5-02-2015
- Type: Incremental (Delta)
- File Name: OTA_M7_WL_L50_SENSE60_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_6.16.651.2-5.05.651.2_release_414039cd4eq0vqsm4gx7oi.zip
- Size: 818.05 MB
Download Link: Click here to download 6.16.651.2 OTA for your Sprint One M7
Your device needs to be on 100% stock KitKat firmware (v5.05.651.2) in order to install this OTA. You’re going to need a stock KitKat recovery (this OTA won’t work with TWRP or Philz) too.
How to Update
- Download the OTA package on your PC via the aforementioned link.
- Copy this package to the root directory of your One M7’s internal storage.
- Next, disconnect the USB cable and turn off your phone.
- Reboot into the bootloader by holding Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. Navigate using Vol Down and select using Power.
- Move down to Recovery and confirm your selection. You’ll see an orange triangle – press Vol Down + Vol Up + Power to enter Recovery Mode.
- Select “Apply from phone storage”, locate the update package and press Power button to initiate the upgrade.
- Follow the onscreen instructions (if any) to finalize the installation.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.