LG has officially started the rollout of Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update (build VS98523A) for Verizon G3 via OTA. This update, as you might already know, comes with faster ART runtime, smooth Material Interface and improved battery performance. You can download this update’s OTA package below.
- Device: LG G3
- Carrier: Verizon
- Android: v5.0.1 Lollipop
- Firmware: VS98523A
- Build: LRX21Y
- Required Version: 12B
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental OTA
- Kernel: 3.4.0
- Branding: VZW
- Date: 24-02-2015
- File Name: LG_VS985_12B-23A.dlpkgfile
- Size: 717 MB
Download Link: Click here to download VS98523A Lollipop OTA for Verizon G3
How to Install
- For this OTA you need to have 100% stock KitKat firmware.
- You also need to have access to ADB and root privileges.
- Download the OTA package on your PC and open a command window in its folder (Shift + RMB > ‘Open command window here’).
- Rename the OTA package to something like “LG23A.up” and copy it to Device/sdcard0/SoftwareUpdate/ directory of your phone.
- In the cmd window execute this command (copy-paste it): adb shell su -c “am start -n com.lge.VerizonHiddenMenu/.fota.DmcTestFotaMenu”
- The Verizon Hidden Menu should open in the phone.
- Now go to Select Package, choose “LG23A.up” and finally select the Do Update option to finish.
- Your phone will automatically flash the update and reboot with the new OS.
OTA by IllegalArgument@xda-developers
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.