Huawei’s Ascend P8 flagship smartphone has officially started receiving its very first firmware update (version B131) in China. This build aims to add some new health & sports apps, power saving features, app-compatibility fixes as well as a couple of new effects for the photo-editing tool. This update package has been made available for download in Update.app format below.
- Device: Ascend P8
- Model: GRA-UL00/GRA-TL00/GRA-CL00/GRA-CL10/GRA-UL10
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: B131
- Build: V100R001C92B131 (CL00)/V100R001C01B131 (TL00)/V100R001C00B131 (UL00)
- Previous Version: B118
- Region: China
- Date: 20-05-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Stable
- GRA-UL00/GRA-UL10: Click Here (Size: 1.39 GB) – MD5: 27F761B98D53FE2688674555FDE875C0
- GRA-TL00: Click Here (Size: 1.39 GB) – MD5: 362A39261DC62F6FA70DA89860856F05
- GRA-CL00/GRA-CL10: Click Here (Size: 1.35 GB) – MD5: 6369930A051F6CE3962178CA0BB69D99
- Format your SD card in FAT32 filesystem (Huawei recommends SanDisk or Kingston).
- Create a new folder “dload” in the main directory of the SD Card.
- Extract the downloaded package in “dload”.
- Initiate the upgrade from Settings > System Update > Local Update.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and you’ll be done in about 5 minutes.
International P8 owners are not recommended to use this firmware even if the model number is matching!
Like this post? Hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.