First-Gen Motorola Moto E users can now flash the latest SlimLP(Alpha v0.3) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM. This AOSP-based ROM comes with exceptional battery backup (as compared to other ROMs), great stability as well as SlimPie bundled with the latest version of Lollipop.
- Device: Moto E First Generation
- Codename: Condor
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- ROM: SlimLP
- Version: v0.3
- Base: AOSP
- Kernel: 3.4.x
- Status: Unofficial
- Type: Alpha build
- Developer: shankky@xda-developers
- File Name: Slim-condor-5.1.1.alpha.0.3-UNOFFICIAL-20150522-1422.zip
- Size: 198 MB
- MD5 Hash: e8e445bc7096fc2013550966ade80341
Download Link: Click here to download SlimLP Alpha 0.3 for Moto E.
The requisite Google apps (Gapps) for SlimLP can be downloaded here. You’ll be flashing them alongside the ROM package.
Install SlimLP Custom ROM on Moto E
- First generation Moto E XT102x (Check Settings > About Phone > Model Number)
- Create a full backup of your existing data as you’ll be required to format the internal memory before flashing the firmware.
- Unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery like TWRP.
- A USB cable and a PC.
- At least 50% battery should be left.
Disclaimer: Do note that this is an alpha build of SlimLP and it surely contains a hell lot of bugs that might interfere with the normal functioning of your device by causing app crashes, random reboots and malfunctioned hardware. Proceed at your own risk!
- Download “Slim-condor-5.1.1.alpha.0.3-UNOFFICIAL-20150522-1422.zip” and the Gapps on your PC.
- Connect your phone through a USB cable as a mass storage device.
- Copy the ROM package as well the Gapps to the root (main) directory of the external SD Card.
- Disconnect the cable and turn off your phone.
- Now boot into the custom recovery: Hold Vol up + Vol down + Power buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds until a boot menu appears. Press Vol down, select “Recovery” and hit Vol up. When you see an Android logo hold Vol up + Vol down for a few seconds.
- In the recovery menu, go to “Wipe” and format Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache partitions – it’ll take a few seconds.
- Return to the main screen, tap “Install”, locate the ROM package and flash it.
- Repeat the same step as above and flash Gapps that you copied with your ROM.
Here are some screenshots:
That’s all! Do share your experience with this custom ROM with others by commenting about it below.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.