The OTA zip package of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (build LMY47Z) update for Nexus 6 (“Shamu”) can now be downloaded via the direct link provided below. You can use this incremental zip package to bump from LMY47D to LMY47Z instead of waiting for the entire factory image from Google.
- Device: Nexus 6
- Codename: Shamu
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- Build: LMY47Z
- Date: 27-05-2015
- Region: International
- Type: Incremental Zip (LMY47D → LMY47Z)
- Status: Official
- File Name: c46173017156abb27e0d39aee700c1392e32f224.signed-shamu-LMY47Z-from-LMY47D-fullradio-fix-superblock.zip
- Size: ~101 MB
Download Link: Click here to download LMY47Z OTA package for Nexus 6
How to Install
- Make sure your Nexus 6 is running 100% stock LMY47D firmware.
- Install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (There’s a standalone package here)
- Connect your Nexus to the PC via USB and open a command window in the same folder where you’ve downloaded the OTA (Shift + Right Click > “Open Command Window here”)
- Verify the connection by executing this command: adb devices
- Now reboot into recovery mode: adb reboot bootloader
- Navigate to “Recovery” using Vol down button and select it by pressing the Power button. An exclamation should appear. Press both Vol Up + Power buttons simultaneously to enter the recovery mode.
- When your phone enters the recovery mode, select “apply update from adb” option using Vol Down key and Power button.
- Rename the downloaded OTA package to “update.zip” on your PC.
- Now sideload the OTA by executing this command: sideload update.zip
Like this post? Just hit the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google+