The stable build of crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop-based custom ROM has finally been released for Sony Xperia Z3. crDroid is based on CyanogenMod packed with some extra features and tweaks to improve usability. A complete step-by-step tutorial on flashing this ROM is given below.
- Device: Xperia Z3
- Codename: Leo
- ROM: crDroid
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- Build: LMY48B
- Date: 27-05-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Stable
- Uploader: GothDroid-Team
- File Name: crdroid-5.1.1-20150527-z3.zip
- Size: 289.3 MB
- MD5 Hash: 4f4d8279b0855552a7d19047eb8bdbad
Download Link: Click here to download crDroid custom ROM for Xperia Z3.
You can download Lollipop-compatible Google apps (Gapps) here. These are necessary because of the fact that ROMs are not packaged with built-in Google apps.
Install crDroid ROM on Xperia Z3
- Full backup of your existing data stored in the internal memory (contacts, apps, and settings)
- Unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM).
- Access to USB cable and a computer
- The battery should have at least 50% charge left.
Disclaimer: This is a stable custom ROM but it still comes with no guarantees. We shall not be held liable for any kind of damage inflicted by ROM to your personal data or phone’s hardware. You proceed entirely at your own risk!
2. Installation Procedure
- Download the custom ROM “crdroid-5.1.1-20150527-z3.zip” on your PC via the aforementioned link. You need to have Lollipop compatible Gapps too.
- Connect your phone to the PC over a USB connection as a mass storage device.
- Copy “crdroid-5.1.1-20150527-z3.zip” and Gapps to the main directory of the SD card.
- Disconnect the cable and turn off your device.
- Reboot into the custom recovery by holding the power button. When the LED indicator lights up, press the Vol up or Vol down key a couple of times alongwith the power button.
- Once you’ve got yourself into the recovery, perform a full cleanup by formatting Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache partitions in “Wipe”.
- Next, return to the main menu, tap “Install”, select “crdroid-5.1.1-20150527-z3.zip” ROM package and flash it.
- Repeat the above step and flash Gapps the same way.
That’s all folks, your phone will now be running crDroid as soon as you turn it on!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.