Asus Zenfone 4 A400CG has officially started receiving the Android 5.0 Lollipop update (firmware version 7.3.3) in several regions round the globe. This update is available via OTA but you can also download the official firmware package from here and flash it manually.
- Device: Asus ZenFone 4 (T00I)
- Model: A400CG
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Firmware: v184.108.40.206
- Date: 29-05-2015
- Region: Global
- SKU: WW
- Status: Official
- Type: Full Factory Image
- File Name: UL-ASUS_T00I-WW-220.127.116.11-user.zip
- Size: 779 MB
Download Link: Click here to download v7.3.3 Lollipop for ZenFone 4
- First of all, verify your device’s model and SKU from Settings > About > Model Number.
- Download the package from the aforementioned link and copy it to the main directory of your phone’s internal storage.
- Disconnect the USB cable and tap the notification that has just popped in.
- Make sure your battery is above 20%.
- In the update info popup tap “OK” to initiate the installation.
- The update will take a few minutes to finish. Your device will reboot to complete the installation.
This update will remove the following apps/features from the system:
- Battery widget
- Google TTS
- Movie Studio
Moreover, you’ll be greeted by some new apps (or, should I say, bloatware) which include:
- Asus Support
- Auto-Start Service Manager (this one could be quite helpful in managing startup apps and stopping services)
Source: Asus Support
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.