HTC has release a new update, version 1.40.401.8, for the One M9 in Europe in an effort to ameliorate camera quality, improve the battery life, and to prevent it from heating up during charging. You can download this OTA’s zip package below.
- Device: HTC One M9
- Codename: HIMA
- MID: 0PJA10000
- CID: HTC__001, HTC__J15, HTC__031, HTC__102, HTC__A07, HTC__032, HTC__M27, HTC__016, HTC__002, HTC__Y13
- Android: v5.0.2 Lollipop
- Firmware: 1.40.401.8
- Previous Version: 1.32.401.15
- Date: 11-06-2015
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: OTA_HIMA_UHL_L50_SENSE70_HTC_Europe_1.40.401.8-1.32.401.15_R1_release_435819.zip
- Size: 531 MB
Download Link: Click here to download 1.40.401.8 OTA for One M9.
How to Flash
- Before flashing this OTA, you need to make sure you’re running 100% stock 1.32.401.15 firmware & recovery without root.
- Download the OTA package from above and place it in the root directory of the external SD card.
- Turn off your phone by pressing the Power button.
- Reboot into the bootloader by holding the Vol Down button and pressing Power button once. In the bootloader navigate to “Recovery” using Volume buttons and press Power button to select it.
- In recovery mode, select “apply from sd card”, locate your update package and install it.
- After the installation, reboot your phone normally and explore the update.
Note: If you’re on a custom ROM then you are recommended to flash the stock firmware using an official RUU package from HTC or by restoring a Nandroid backup through TWRP’s restore function.
Like this post? Stay tuned for more updates! Just hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.