Official TWRP 184.108.40.206 custom recovery is now available for the international LG G4 (H815) variant – thanks to LG for finally letting its phones’ bootloaders get unlocked. You can download TWRP for your G4 and flash it using a brief tutorial we’ve provided here.
- Device: LG G4
- Model: H815 (European Only!)
- Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Date: 3-06-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Image File
- File Name: twrp-18.104.22.168-h815.img
- Size: 31.1 MB
- MD5 Hash: 117da404c83a0344192deb25d8f4f91e
Download Link: Click here to download TWRP 2.8.6 for LG G4.
How to Install
1. Without Root
- First of all unlock your bootloader through LG Developer Resources here (they have good step-by-step instructions). Back up your data in internal storage first!
- Install ADB & Fastboot on your computer and make sure you have LG USB drivers installed.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB.
- Open a command window in the folder where you’ve downloaded your recovery (Shift + RMB > ‘Open command window here’).
- Confirm the connection by executing this command: adb devices
- Next, reboot into fastboot mode: adb reboot-bootloader
- Once your phone enters fastboot mode, type this: fastboot flash recovery twrp-22.214.171.124-h815.img
- You can also temporarily boot into the custom recovery using this command: fastboot boot twrp-126.96.36.199-h815.img
- After entering the recovery, you can flash SuperSU to gain root access.
2. Using TWRP Manager (Root)
- Download “TWRP Manager” from the Play Store and install it.
- Open the app and tap “Install TWRP”.
- Select your device, verify the model number and tap “Install Recovery”.
- The app will automatically download the appropriate recovery and flash it.
- Tip: You can download an app like Reboot Manager to quickly boot into the recovery or bootloader.
Like this post? Use the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.