Huawei has finally started the rollout of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (build B805) EMUI 3.1 update for Ascend P7 (L10) devices registered in the public beta-testing program via OTA. You can download this update’s OTA package below and flash it over your existing KitKat system.
- Device: Ascend P7
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- OTA: B609 → B621 | B621 → B805
- Build: C900B805
- Required Version: B609
- Region: Europe
- Date: 14-07-2015
- Status: Official (Beta)
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: Update.zip
You’re going to need both B621 and B805 in order to flash the Lollipop update!
How to Update
- Your Ascend P7 should currently be running stock B609 firmware with unmodified KitKat recovery.
- Download B621 and B805 on your PC via the aforementioned links (don’t extract these)
- Connect your Ascend P7 to your computer over a USB connection in mass storage mode.
- First, copy B621 “Update.zip” to the “dload” folder of your external SD card.
- Next, install B621 from Settings > Updates > Local Update. Your phone will reboot, verify the update package and flash it. The whole process shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
- When your device starts up, go to Settings > About Phone and verify that Build Number (it should now say B621).
- Now, in the same way, copy B805 to “dload” folder and install it through Settings > Updates > Local Update. You’ll be greeted by Lollipop upon reboot. Cool, eh?
B815 is now available. All B805 users are highly recommended to update to B815 as it contains several bug-fixes and stability improvements. Download: Huawei Ascend P7 B815 Lollipop OTA [Beta]
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.