Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to downgrade your Ascend Mate 7 MT7-L09 from Lollipop (B308) to KitKat (B137SP03) using the official downgrade package provided by Huawei. After downgrading to B137SP03, you’ll be able to upgrade to the latest Android 5.1.1 Beta we recently published on this site.
Downgrade from B308 to B137SP03
- MT7-L09 currently running B308 Android 5.1 Lollipop
- B300 downgrade package (aka transition firmware) – download here
- Stock B137SP03 KitKat firmware package (download)
- 2GB SD Card in FAT32 filesystem
- Enough juice in the battery to endure two firmware installation
You cannot flash the KitKat firmware directly over Lollipop – a temporary transition firmware (B300) needs to be flashed first that allows the downgrade.
- Download both B300 downgrade package and B137SP03 firmware from above and extract them.
- Connect your phone to the PC over a USB connection as mass storage device.
- Transfer the B300 downgrade package’s Update.app file to “dload” folder of your external SD card.
- Now go to Settings > Updates > Local Update and select the Update.app file. Your device will reboot after flashing this transition firmware. Upon reboot, go to Settings > About Phone and check your build number that should now be B300.
- Now it’s time to flash the KitKat firmware back! Simply copy B137SP03’s Update.app to the same “dload” folder (delete the previous one).
- Start the downgrade by flashing this Update.app through Local Update and wait for your device to finish the installation & reboot.
Congratulations! Now that you’ve downgraded to KitKat, you can now flash the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware (beta) on your phone: Download Ascend Mate 7 B312 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OTA Zip [Beta]
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.