A little over a week ago, it was announced that the Lollipop update for Ascend P7 has entered public beta phase in Europe but apparently some confusion exists regarding the enrollment process that needs to be cleared out. Here’s some information that you may find useful.
How to Register
Registering your P7 for the Lollipop Beta is rather easy. Here are the important details:
- You just need to Email your Ascend P7’s IMEI number to Huawei (address provided below). The subject line should be something like “P7 Lollipop Beta Registration”.
- IMEI number can be found in Settings > About Phone > Status or just enter *#06# in the dialer.
- After you’ve sent the Email, you’ll receive the Lollipop Beta update via OTA (only if you’re eligible).
- You phone needs to be running stock KitKat firmware (EMUI 3.0) otherwise you won’t be able to receive the update.
- This beta is currently available in European and some Asian Pacific countries only
Where to Email?
Well, Huawei has provided different addresses for different regions. These are the addresses you can send your Email to:
– Italy: email@example.com
– Spain: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Germany/Other: email@example.com
– Malaysia: firstname.lastname@example.org (You need to send 1. Your Name 2. Phone Model 3. IMEI 4. Build No. 5. Phone No. )
If you don’t receive the update, you don’t need to cry – you’re still gonna get the final version by the end of July anyway!
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.