Both Wifi and LTE variants of NVIDIA Shield Tablet are receiving update version 3.3.1 (build 36442_589.1541) via OTA. This update patched the Stagefright vulnerability, improves system performance and enhances battery life. You can download incremental and full OTA Zips for your tablet below.
- Device: NVIDIA Shield Tablet
- Models: Wifi/LTE
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- Firmware: v3.3.1
- Build: 36442_589.1541
- Previous Version: 35398_567.2193
- Status: Official
- Regions: US/Europe
- Type: Incremental OTA/Full OTA
- Date: 10-09-2015
1. Incremental OTA
- Wifi: Click here – Size: 23.3 MB
- LTE (US): Click here – Size: 25 MB
- LTE (RoW): Click here – Size: 23.3 MB
2. Full OTA
- Wifi: Click here – Size: 767.4 MB
- LTE (RoW): Click here – Size: 785.3 MB
As you might already know, the incremental OTA can only be installed over firmware 3.1 with stock recovery. On the other hand, the full OTA can be installed using both stock or a custom recovery like TWRP.
To install the incremental OTA, rename it as update.zip, reboot your tablet in recovery mode, select “apply update from adb” option and execute this command in the ADB command line on your PC: adb sideload update.zip
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.