Sony has officially pushed firmware 4.76 update to its PlayStation 3 console in several regions including US and Japan. You can download this update in PUP format via the official download link provided below.
- Device: PlayStation 3
- Region: US
- Firmware: 4.76
- Previous Version: 4.75
- Date: 3-09-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: PUP update package
- Publisher: Sony US
- File Name: PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Size: 197 MB
Download Link: Click here to download firmware 4.76 for PS3
- Download PS3UPDAT.PUP to your PC and connect a USB flash drive to it.
- Create a new folder “PS3” inside the USB. In “PS3”, create another folder “UPDATE” (all letters should be in upper case).
- Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP to the newly-created “UPDATE” folder. Disconnect the USB drive upon completion.
- Now connect the USB to your console and navigate to Home > Settings > System Update > Update via Storage Media.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and allow the installation to finish.
- Don’t try to interrupt the upgrade in any way or you’d end up destroying your console.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.