Asus ZenFone 2 ZE500CL is receiving a new update (version 126.96.36.199) primarily aimed at patching the Stagefright bug. This version will also let you download apps directly to the external SD card.
- Device: Asus ZenFone 2 (Z00D)
- Model: ZE500CL
- Android: v5.0 Lollipop
- Firmware: 188.8.131.52
- Previous Version: 184.108.40.206
- SKU: WW
- Date: 2-09-2015
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- File Name: UL-ASUS_Z00D-WW-220.127.116.11-user.zip
- Size: 1.06 GB
Download Link: Click here to download 18.104.22.168 firmware for ZenFone 2
How to Install
- Confirm your SKU from Settings > About Phone. Do note that a WW SKU device can install WW firmware only.
- Download the firmware zip package to your PC via the above-mentioned link.
- Connect your phone to the PC over USB and copy “UL-ASUS_Z00D-WW-22.214.171.124-user.zip” to the root directory of your phone.
- Disconnect the USB cable and tap the update notification that has just popped up. Confirm the update by tapping OK.
- Your phone will automatically reboot and install the new firmware. Make sure there’s enough battery to get you through.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.