You can now update your Ascend Mate 7 (MT7-L09) to the new B317 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop build rolled out by Huawei in Europe through OTA. This beta version attempts to fix several bugs that were reported to cause issues in the previous build.
- Device Name: Huawei Ascend Mate 7
- Model: MT7-L09
- Android: v5.1.1 Lollipop
- Firmware: B317
- Build Number: V100R001C900B317
- EMUI: 3.1
- Required Version: B308
- Date: 1-09-2015
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Incremental OTA
- File Name: update.zip
- Size: 234.2 MB
Download Link: Click here to download B317 Lollipop OTA for Mate 7
How to Update
- Make sure you have the L09 variant of Mate 7 running B308 Android 5.1 Lollipop beta (see link above).
- Download Update.zip OTA package from above to your PC.
- Connect your Mate 7 to the computer in MTP mode and copy update.zip package to “dload” folder inside the external SD card. Don’t extract the Zip file.
- Disconnect the USB cable and navigate to Settings > Updates > Menu > Local Update.
- Choose the OTA package and confirm its installation. It won’t wipe your data so there’s no need to create a backup.
- Wait for the device to reboot and flash the update. The installation will hardly take a minute or two after initial version checks.
Note: In case you’re on B312, first downgrade to B137, then upgrade to B308 and then finally install this OTA – that’s gonna be a long ride!
Huawei has released a stable Android 5.1.1 update (B324) for Ascend Mate 7. Download: Ascend Mate 7 B324 Lollipop Update [L09/TL10] [Final]
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.