An official Android 5.1 Lollipop build (version 5.9.1) is available for Honor 4C UL00, TL00 & TL00H handsets in China. This firmware is based on Emotion UI 3.1 and is currently in developmental phase but if you happen to own one of the aforementioned models, you should definitely give it a spin.
- Device: Huawei Honor 4C
- Model: CHM-UL00/CHM-TL00/CHM-TL00H
- Android: v5.1 Lollipop
- EMUI: 3.1
- Firmware: v5.9.1
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image (Beta)
- Region: China
- File Name: CHM-TL00_UL00_TL00H_EMUI3.1_Android5.1_5.9.1.zip
- Size: 1.04 GB
- MD5 Hash: 61E248442C254710D76337AB94AFD346
Download Link: Click here to download v4.9.1 firmware for Honor 4C
Warning: Don’t try to install this firmware on any Honor 4C variant except from the ones mentioned above. You might lose your IMEI data. Your touchscreen may also stop functioning. Therefore, verify that have one of the three models above
- Download “CHM-TL00_UL00_TL00H_EMUI3.1_Android5.1_5.9.1.zip” from above and extract Update.app from it.
- Connect your phone to the PC in MTP mode and copy Update.app to “dload” inside the external SD card. Make sure the SD card has FAT32 formatting.
- Verify that your Honor 4C has stock Huawei recovery. No custom recovery will be able to install the update.
- Now, go to Settings > System Updates > Menu > Local Update. Take a backup of your existing data and settings.
- Your phone will automatically reboot and install the new firmware after verifying the package’s integrity.
- You can manually install this package by restarting your device while holding Volume up + Volume down + Power buttons simultaneously.
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.