You can easily root your Huawei Honor 4C after installing the Lollipop update as long as you have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery. I’ve put together a brief tutorial in this article to outline the process.
Rooting Honor 4C Lollipop OS
- Unlocked bootloader (Tutorial)
- Latest TWRP custom recovery (Download + Tutorial)
- Flashable SuperSU Zip (Download)
- Full Nandroid backup of current system
- At least 30% battery
- Copy “UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip” to your phone’s SD card or internal memory.
- After that, turn the device off and reboot into the TWRP recovery by holding Volume up + Power. Release the Power button as soon as you see the Honor logo.
- Note that when TWRP asks you to keep the system partition read only or not, select keep read only. Don’t worry you’ll still be able to flash files.
- From the main screen, select “Install”, locate the SuperSU package and confirm its installation.
- Wipe “Cache” and “Dalvik Cache” before returning to the main screen.
- Finally, tap “Reboot” and select System to restart your device.
- After your phone starts up and optimizes all apps, open SuperSU and update its app and binaries if it asks you. Otherwise, you’re all set and good to go!
Like this post? Hit the share buttons below to share this article with your friends on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.